7.25.2010

date night

My husband and I have gone on a date every Saturday night for at least 10 years. I think that it is a wonderful habit if you don't have kids. If you do I consider it a necessity. Every date night should be as individual as every couple.

This is what works for us... Same day and same time. We kept it the same so that we never had to remember to call a sitter or a restaurant, we just booked both for the year. For me dressing up is fun so I always love to make an effort to look my best. I want to stress that it is not about spending a lot of money. Be creative and carve out some time to enjoy each other and talk...with out being interrupted.

This is what I wore last night. My white jeans by 7 for all mankind and my bamboo clutch by Glorinha Paranagua. My wedges are by Ugg that I got last year for $10 at TJ Max. These are 3 of my essentials that I can wear with different tops. Last night I wore them with a vintage top by Chetta B.


8 comments:

jora said...

I love that you do this. My husband and I REALLY need to do copy you. We are doing the 3 kids under age 5 thing right now, so you probably know what I'm talking about..... ;-)

Lindsay said...

You look gorgeous! I love the idea of having a date night scheduled each and every week. I might have to start this tradition with my bf as well.

Anonymous said...

That is so much fun! When I have children, I would love to start the tradition of date night!

bluehydrangea said...

You look fabulous!! And my husband and I do the same thing! Every Sat. night for the past 8 years we head out to eat Mexican food. I look forward to it all week. It is my one cheat night where I stuff myself guilt free and actually get to talk to my cute husband.

Prudence said...

You do look really cute, but I cannot take my eyes off the vintage patterns on the wall or that fabulous pink couch!!!
We have date night too, usually the same restaraunt, my hubby does not realize how integral this is for my well being.

Catherine said...

What a wonderful idea! And you look absolutely amazing and beautiful!
; ) Trina

kayce hughes said...

You are all so nice. I am a little self conscious. I don’t want people to think that I think I am one of those cute 20 somethings. I just think that it is fun to see what real people do. Real 44 year olds with a little grey hair and no botox.

pve design said...

Is it Saturday yet, we have a date!
pve