7.29.2010

today's breakfast

Kayce's photo

I am a breakfast girl. Breakfast must be awesome or my day goes down hill from there. This morning it was English breakfast tea with honey and half and half and fresh from the oven oatmeal muffins. (After I took the picture I sliced the muffins in half and added a liberal amount of butter.) I have had this recipe for over 10 years and apologize that I don't know where I found it.

OATMEAL MUFFINS
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup rolled oats
1 egg
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
4 tablespoons vegetable oil

Combine the buttermilk and oatmeal and let stand for 5 min. Add the egg and brown sugar and mix well. Add the other ingredients and mix by hand. Spoon the mixture into a greased muffin tin and bake for 15-20 min at 400.

5 comments:

Amy said...

These look delicious. Thanks for sharing. Do you use old fashioned oats or the quick cook kind?

kayce hughes said...

I use the old fashioned oats.

pve design said...

My kind of gal! I used to have those mugs and plates and over the years, they chipped so we changed, but I miss them...they are tiffany's right?
Date was fun, I wished I have that gingham dress from your line!
pve

Lesley Evers said...

I'm going to make some! I love breakfast too. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Your delft china is so pretty