7.23.2010

winging it recipes

These are two of my favorite winging it recipes (which is what I did tonight).



BROWN RICE STIR FRY
I make a huge batch of brown rice and use it over 2 meals and a lunch. I love to throw in what ever looks good at the market. To cook everything other than the rice. I heat a little oil in a big skillet and cook on high (onions first for a minute and then add in the rest) until the edges are a little golden brown. Then I add some Braggs (a healthy version of soy sauce). Some of my favorite things to add are: onion, fresh ginger, tofu,yellow squash, zucchini and bean sprouts.





SMOOTHIES
My family loves smoothies (a lot more than my stir fry). Tonight we used peaches,banana, pineapple, watermelon, strawberries and lime.

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I know my kids wouldn't go for a stirfry like that- I make it with broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and celery, and some chicken. yum.
but smoothies- yes please!

Prudence said...

I love doing this with brown rice too! I usually put in red onions, red peppers, broccoli and stir fry sauce, I've used braggs before too, must get that again..

Sally said...

The smoothie sounds amazing - so tasty and healthy too. I'm already looking forward to one in the morning.