10.25.2010

peanut butter cookies

I have a few favorite cookie recipes that I make over and over. This is one of them. It is from Cookin' with Home Storage by Vicki Tate. They are fairly healthy and not too sweet.




1 C softened butter
1 C freshly ground peanut butter
1 1/4 C honey
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
4 C whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda

Blend butter until smooth. Add peanut butter and blend again. Add honey and blend again. Add eggs 1 at a time and beat until mixed. Add vanilla. Add dry ingredients and mix well. Roll into balls and put onto ungreased cookie sheet. Use a fork dipped in cold water and flatten with a criss-crossed design. Bake at 350 F for 10 minutes on the top rack of the oven. Remove immediately. Cool and enjoy.

(I added some chocolate on the top before cooking)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You lost me at "fairly healthy"


I don't know what I would do if I didn't think I was funny.

Emma said...

Julia - you are funny, I once laughed so much at one of your posts that I spat muesli all over my iPad!

Kayce - The cookies look divine and as I am craving those peanut butter chocolates that you have in the States (can't remember what they are called!), I will have to make some today and hopefully they will sate the craving!

Anonymous said...

These sound really good.I have never seen so many different peanut butter cookies as there were posted here on blogger,LOL.I will just have to try these.Thanks so much for sharing!

Pinecone said...

They look so good. Thanks for sharing!!

Ashlyn

Loretta Fontaine (EcoHappy Blog) said...

Kayce- They look yummy! Is the chocolate the spoonful of sugar for the whole wheat flour to go down?

My Mom made peanut butter cookies for us after school so I have fond memories. I bake brownies every Friday for my kids after school - the Ghiradelli dark chocolate mix, but I use olive oil as the vegetable oil. And two tablespoons of ground walnuts. Aiming for that "fairly healthy" mark!
Loretta