9.30.2010

dinner

I have recently enjoyed cooking some new fall dinners as well as some old favorites. This one is an old favorite. We have a big pizza stone which makes in easy to make a yummy crust. I like to roll out the dough on parchment paper and slide the dough and the parchment paper onto the stone. This recipe is my version from an old cook book called pizza by James McNair.

ingredients:
12 garlic cloves
olive oil
basic pizza dough
8 oz mozzarella cheese
8 oz crumbled California chevre or other goat's milk cheese
12 sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil,well drained and slivered
salt and pepper
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

To roast the garlic, preheat the oven to 300F. Place the garlic cloves in a small baking dish and toss with 3T of the olive oil. Cover the dish and bake until the cloves are tender but not browned, about 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, cool and chop.

I like to have the oven preheated on 500 for a while so that the stone is super hot. I cook the rolled out dough for a few minutes alone. Then I remove it from the oven and let it cool a bit. I flip it over and start to pile on the toppings. This gives you a crust that is a little crisp.

I use the oil from the garlic and spread it all over the dough. Add the cheese and then all of the other toppings. Cook it on the stone and add the Parmesan when it comes out.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum. Sounds delicious. Do you use fresh mozarella? We've have pizza almost once a week - our new favorite thing (which really isn't that big of a deal) is that we've been using fresh mozarella instead of regular. Fancy pants.

I'm going to have to try your recipe.

Anonymous said...

That sounds sooo good! I'll be sure to try this one.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Homemade pizza is the best!